In today’s fast-paced world, many people live in a bubble, and we’re not referring to the pandemic. It’s been happening for years, living just a few feet away from neighbors without ever knowing their names.
Should You Be a Good Neighbor, or Not Bother?
Whether you just purchased one of the Long Island houses for sale, a home anywhere else, or you’ve been living in your neighborhood for years, with little time to get to know them, you might have wondered if you should even bother trying to be a good neighbor. But the benefits of doing so are many, even if it takes some time and effort, it’s likely to be worth it.
1. Reducing the Odds of a Break-In
One of the most important reasons to be a good neighbor is safety. If those who live near you know that you’re a good neighbor, they’re much more likely to tell you if they notice something unusual, like someone unfamiliar lurking around your home or a would-be thief trying to break in.
2. Lessen the Risk to Your Safety
What happens if your home was to catch fire when you’re away? If you’re a good neighbor, those around you are probably going to notice rather quickly if a fire is sparked. If they don’t know you at all, they probably won’t be paying attention. The sooner someone notices smoke billowing from your home, the more likely it is to be saved. But that’s not all – a study conducted by the Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program at Yale University found that strong social ties may help reduce gun violence, which means being a good neighbor could potentially even save your life, or the lives of your family members.
3. A Helping Hand
Just about everyone has been in a challenging situation, like having a dead car battery after leaving the dome light on inside, trying to move a couch into your house that barely fits, or simply running out of a necessary ingredient in the middle of baking. If you’ve been a good neighbor by helping yours out when they’re in a bind, it’s much easier to ask someone to return the favor. With a neighbor to help, it could potentially save you a lot of money without having to call an outsider to assist.
4. Your Neighbors are More Likely to Be Respectful
If you have a problem with one of your neighbors, like someone blaring music in the middle of the night, if you’ve been friendly with them before, they’re much more likely to respect your request to turn down the tunes. If you haven’t bothered and they have no idea who you are, they might just ignore you completely.
5. A Better Social Life
When you’re a good neighbor and have close relationships with those around you, you can enjoy social events like potlucks, block parties, game nights, block sales, and much more. It can help you create more meaningful connections and significantly enhance your social life. It also helps to encourage you and your family to get out of the house, meet new people and enjoy more good times.
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY READING THESE POSTS ⬇️
- What makes Mediterranean food so healthy?
- 8 Reasons You Must Love Parks
- 5 Beautiful Fall-themed Music To Listen To
- Top free online brain games by Solitaire.org
- What should you take to keep your gut healthy while traveling
- Top 4 benefits of protein shakes ft BOXD
- Upgrade to GA-4 from Google Universal Analytics for Blogger & WordPress
- What are effective ways to develop a healthy new habit
- Easy technical hacks you must know for everyday use in 2022
- 7 Best Ideas For A Pearl-themed Party
- Tips for buying your second home after the pandemic
- 10 Best lightweight sunscreens for indoors and everyday use
- Top 10 Free Online Design Creative Tools
- La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water Review
Hope you enjoyed reading this article – should you be a good neighbour or not bother 🙂 Also, do not forget to share it with your friends because sharing is caring ❤️
Hey! Never Miss A Single Blog Post. How?
#Click the NON-AMP version located at the bottom of this site
# Scroll Down & Subscribe To Our NEWSLETTER!!