Looking for a great place to visit in the UK in Spring 2023? Look no further! In this blog post, we’ve compiled a list of the 7 best places to visit in the UK (other than London) in the spring season. From stunning coastal towns to lush countryside, there’s something for everyone on our list. So whether you’re planning a trip for yourself or planning a Spring destination wedding, be sure to check out our list!
7 Best places to visit in the UK in Spring 2023 (Other than London)
Wondering what are the best and the prettiest UK destinations apart from London to visit in the spring season and what to do at these places? Fret not! Our guide to Spring UK travel is here to help you!
Known as the city of dreaming spires, Oxford is a historic city that is filled with former royal residences and has dozens of stunning churches, castles, and museums. Oxford is also home to the famous Oxford University, making it a great spot for college students and families. And while it may not have the same hustle and bustle as London, there are several things to do in Oxford that will make this trip worth your while.
In the spring, pink blossoms and colorful tulips will make well-preserved centuries-old buildings in Oxford a fashionable look. The city has beautiful parks, museums, and historical buildings, which make for a stunning day trip to England’s oldest city.
Known for its Roman Baths, the city houses the UNESCO-listed building, which was constructed between 27 and 38 AD. The city is filled with several other hot spots, including the mesmerizing Thermae Bath Spa and the Bath Skyline Walk.
Bath is not only a popular destination in the UK, but it’s also a great place to host a destination wedding. It’s easy to find wedding venues or just go off into one of the many secluded areas to make it an intimate ceremony. And since Bath is located right by Bristol, a quick trip out of town gives you access to more than one great place to visit in the UK in Spring 2023.
3. The Cotswolds
Located in southern England, this city boasts rolling hills, quaint villages, and adventurous country roads. The Cotswolds are filled with quaint cafés, restaurants, and small shops. The picturesque landscape is also where you’ll find several stunning churches and castles.
This area is ideal for those who want to explore the UK countryside or for those who want a romantic weekend away from the city during the Spring season. It’s easy to spend most of your time relaxing in cafes, pubs, or restaurants, so be sure to pack some warm sweaters and hats!
The capital of Scotland is filled with historic buildings and castles that span from the medieval period to the modern age. Edinburgh is also home to several important sites, including the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh Castle, and Princes Street Gardens.
Although it’s not as popular as some places listed here, there are quite a few things to do in Edinburgh. In the spring, it’s simple to explore the city and enjoy a day out in the Scottish countryside. And if you’re lucky enough to go in August, you’ll experience one of the biggest events in Edinburgh – The Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
Situated in East Anglia in England, Norfolk is a non-metropolitan county. It’s also home to several historic and notable towns and villages. The Norfolk coastline is known for its breathtaking views, beautiful beaches, and historic seaside towns.
There are countless reasons to visit Norfolk! In the spring, you can enjoy the blooming wildflowers, the vibrant colors of trees in full blossom, or even the emergence of butterflies in a nearby park. You can even go for a stroll along North Beach for some stunning ocean views.
6. Skomer Island
No city goes hand-in-hand with the spring season more than Skomer Island in Wales. This small island is home to hundreds of puffins that can be seen from the visitor center observation deck or while on a boat ride.
The best way to experience Skomer Island is by booking a tour with Solent Birdwatching. Tours take you right up to the island and allow you to get close-up views of the puffins and other wildlife as they welcome a new baby into their colony. And if you decide to go, be sure not to forget your camera!
7. Swansea Bay
Swansea is the largest city on the Gower Peninsula in Wales and it’s certainly one of the prettiest places to visit in the UK in the Spring 2023. The surrounding area is a super important part of history, so be sure to visit any of the World War II sites you can find!
Swansea is also a great spot for foodies! For those who prefer their restaurants indoors, try one of Swansea’s many pubs or cafes. The city has a perfect temperature of 20 degrees in Spring which makes it a warm and welcoming place to visit in the UK in Spring 2023 other than London.
What you should know before you make this place your destination?
- Research exactly where you want to go, check some Yelp reviews, and pick your favorite places.
- Take a bag with you when traveling. They do not have check-in desks and you’ll need a backpack or purse for all your stuff! So keep one from the hotel room in case you have forgotten anything at home. (Remember to take your passport)
- Don’t forget to charge your phone and get a portable charger. A phone can run out of battery when you’re traveling because of all the pictures/videos you take, but also because a GPS or maps app might eat up your battery quite quickly.
- Bring comfy clothes that are suitable for walking around during the day, and nice clothes if you plan to go out at night.
- Keep some snacks with you in case you get hungry, especially if you’re traveling to a place that doesn’t have any cafes or restaurants around. You don’t want to be walking around starving and having no place to eat.
- Be sure to research what the weather will be like during your stay, especially if spring is a peak season. You want to make sure you are comfortable in the clothes that you bring!
- If you’re planning on traveling only for two weeks or less, be sure not to spend too much. This way, you’ll have enough money left over for more experiences later on! So keep the packing list simple and stick with the essentials.
- If you’re going to be in an area with a high chance of rain, pack extra clothing and a down jacket or poncho. Also, pack some warm layers and a jacket in case it gets cold.
- Bring some toiletries and hygiene products with you just in case you need them.
- Bring your passport with you from home so that if your luggage doesn’t arrive, you can get it replaced quickly! And don’t forget to bring your credit card or other forms of plastic!
- Have fun! Traveling is great because you get to experience different places that might not have been possible otherwise.
Whether you’re interested in your trip to the UK or you’re looking for a great place to visit in the UK for a destination wedding, you can’t go wrong with any of these spots! And who knows? Maybe one of these locations will make its way onto your travel bucket list in 2023! Spring (March – May) is the best season for traveling, so don’t miss out on these 7 best places to visit in the UK in Spring!
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY READING THESE POSTS:
- Top 7 Coolest Places to visit in the UK in winter
- 5 Best Travel Adapter Converters of 2023
- Things to know before visiting the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi
- Christmas at Kew 2022 Festival, London | Things to see & do
- 15 travel essentials to carry for a winter trip
- Ayodhya travel 2022, A Day Trip From Lucknow
- 11 best important travel safety tips you must know!
- Park Plaza Victoria London Hotel Review
- Park Rotana Hotel, Abu Dhabi Review
- Safari Spots In India That Are Worth Visiting
- Winter wonderlands in the world to experience the best of snow
- Beginner Ski Resorts: Where To Go And What To Expect
- My journey from London, UK to India
- Guide To Creating and Managing Budget and Debts
- What are the best travel-friendly fabrics to wear in cold weather
- 10 one-wall kitchen design ideas that give your kitchen a wow factor
- 11 Heath Benefits of Cashew Nuts
- Best Moisturizing Lip Balms For Dry Lips Available In The UK
We hope you find this article – 7 best places to visit in the UK in Spring 2023 helpful and informative! Have you visited any of these places in the Spring season?
Please do not forget to share it with your friends as sharing is caring ❤️