What if we told you that there are some fantastic easy tech hacks that you can make use of, to make your experience with technology even better? In this article, we have discussed 6 best tech hacks and tips that you probably didn’t know until now.
Best Technical Hacks & Tips You Wish You Knew Before Now
Most computers and smartphones we use today have additional apps and built-in settings that help improve your productivity. We use these hacks on a regular basis, so thought of sharing with you today 🙂. Read on to find out more! Also, to learn about the best smart tv hacks, computer hacks for everyday use, check this technical tips article.
1) Improving your Video Calls
There are some hacks that you can employ during your video calls to enhance your experience. For example-
Want to look your best before an early morning Conference Call? Zoom lets you see a preview of the video feed before joining a chat. This is what you need to do-
- Tap on settings
- Go to Meeting tab
- Find the option that says “Show Video Preview.”
For Windows and macOS, all you have to do is click the cog icon on your top left corner. Further, click on Video to make sure you always see a preview.
A good trick you can use on FaceTime is zooming out of video thumbnails when talking to people. This allows you to always look at the person who is talking and not lose track of them. Here are the steps you need to follow-
- Open Settings
- Tap on FaceTime
- Turn off the ‘Speaking’ Toggle
Later, if you want to enlarge a particular video tab, you can always click on it.
There are more tricks and tips which you can use on other apps as well. Stay tuned to find out more in another article.
2) Find Out What You’re Doing Online
Certain time-tracking apps can give insight into how much you have spent surfing the web. The best thing about these apps is that they function in the background and later log your usage automatically. After you have run these apps for a week or more, you will have a good idea of how you’re using your web time.
Apps like ManicTime not only track how much time you gave to every app but also reviews the document you opened. This would mean that you can see you gave the right amount of time to the project, which was most deserving. Some of these apps, like Rescue Time, also give you the daily productivity score to get an even better idea of how productive you are being.
3) Stop Procrastination
Do you feel like you’ve been wasting too much time online? Well, willpower isn’t the only solution. You can always rely on parental controls to stop yourself from wasting time. Just follow these steps:
- On an iOS, you have to go on Settings> General> Restrictions. Here you can turn on parental controls and set blocked websites.
- On macOS, you have to go on System Preferences> Parental Controls.
- If you use Windows, go to Settings> Accounts> Family and other People
- Android users can download certain restriction apps that can block the websites they want.
4) Saving Instagram Posts on their Original Format
Instagram is the most popular app for sharing videos and photos around the world. There are a number of posts on the platform that we would like to save to view in the future. However, Instagram doesn’t allow you to save photos and videos (from others’) in their original format.
But here’s a hack you can follow to save posts in their original format– Go to the browser, open the original website, right-click and select the option ‘view page source’. Then press the Ctrl/Command + F and type jpg on the search bar.
Copy the code you get and paste it on a fresh tab. Now all you have to do is right-click on this image and download it for your computer. Don’t use this trick for wrong purpose, please!
5) Transfer Contacts from One Phone to Another
We all know how difficult it is to transfer contacts from your old phone to the new one. But once you know this trick, the process will become much easier.
Go to the Contact Manager page in the dialer of your old phone. Next click on the Import/Export option. Here you will get two options- ‘Import from. vcl file’ as well as ‘Export to. vcf file’. Click on the latter and transfer all your contacts to the internal storage. This new file will have all your contacts. All you have to do now is send this file to your new phone and import the contacts from the contact manager.
6) Desktop Hacks
Here are some computer life hacks, to make your day easier-
- If you want to change everything to uppercase in a word document, here’s what you have to do: Select the text you want to change, press shift+F3.
- If you ever close a browser by mistake, all you need to do is press Ctrl+Shift+T
- In case you want to proofread an essay, you don’t have to read the whole document. Instead, allow Google Translate to read out the text to you. This will easily let you find your mistakes.
Technology has become omnipresent in our lives. Not only does it make things more convenient, but it also allows us to work from any place at any time. However, there are certain tech hacks that you can use to enhance your experience further online or offline. Make sure you read the article above to find out about them!
YOU MAY ENJOY READING THESE POSTS ⬇️
- What should you take to keep your gut healthy while traveling
- How to design a happy garden?
- What makes Mediterranean food so healthy?
- 10 Best Derma E Products That You Must Try In 2021
- Mark & Spencer Lavender Moisture Rich Bath Essence Review
- 7 reasons to reconsider the use of plastic
- How You Can Prevent Your Eyeliner From Smudging?
- Top 10 Free Online Design Creative Tools
- Upgrade to GA-4 from Google Universal Analytics for Blogger & WordPress
- What are effective ways to develop a healthy new habit
- What is the relationship between body image and weight management
- Tips for buying your second home after the pandemic
- 10 Best lightweight sunscreens for indoors and everyday use
Hope you find this article – 6 tech hacks you wish you knew before now, helpful and informative 🙂 Do not forget to share it with your friends, as sharing is caring ❤️
Hey! Never Miss A Single Blog Post. How?
#Click the NON-AMP version located at the bottom of this site
# Scroll Down & Subscribe To Our NEWSLETTER!!