Hello beautiful people,
I hope all of you are doing great! Today, I am going to review Mac Prep + Prime Moisture Infusion Serum Hydratant. I have been using this serum-cum-primer from MAC for a long time. Well, is it the best serum for combination or dry skin? Is it worth the try? To know more about this product, keep scrolling down!
MAC Prep + Prime Moisture Infusion Serum Hydratant Review
The product says,
A lightweight serum that saturates the skin with a concentrated boost of hydration, making it a unique hybrid between skincare and priming. Gently soothes, revives and replenishes the skin while preparing it for foundation.
The product claims:
- Provides instant and long-term hydration
- Improves skin’s barrier strength over time
- Instantly improves radiance
- Soothes skin
- Plumps skin
- For all skin types
- Dermatologist tested
PRICE & QUANTITY:
£30.00 50ML (source: official website)
Ingredients of MAC Moisture Infusion Serum Hydratant
Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Biosaccharide Gum–1, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Algae Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Yeast Extract, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Peel Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Selaginella Tamariscina (Spike Moss) Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Padina Pavonica Thallus Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Punica Granatum(Pomegranate) fruit Juice, Caffeine, Trehalose, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium PCA, Phytantriol, Ethyl hexyl Palmitate,Acetyl Carnitinecl, aprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Polymethyl silsesquioxane, Xanthan Gum, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Linolenic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Ethylbisiminomethylguaiacol Manganese Chloride, Phenoxyethanol
Know more about its ingredients in details here
My Take On MAC Prep + Prime Moisture Infusion Serum Hydratant
(skin type: combination, dehydrated, sensitive & acne-prone)
One fine day I went to the MAC store, HK to buy a foundation. The sales assistant used this product on my face before applying the foundation. She told me that this serum also acts as a hydrating primer for dry and combination skin. The next thing I knew, it’s going home with me! 😄
Product packaging & texture- Look & Feel:
MAC prep + prime moisture infusion serum hydratant comes housed in a small carton. The product further comes in a beautiful dark-colored frosty glass bottle with a black cap and pump packaging. The product cap has a twist lock on-off slider that makes the packaging leakage-proof & travel-friendly! The outer carton plus the product container both feature all the necessary details related to the product.
MAC prep + prime moisture infusion serum hydratant has a transparent, fluid texture. The consistency is neither too thick nor too watery like an essence. There is no fragrance to it which is great for people with a sensitive nose!
How To Use MAC Prep + Prime Serum Hydratant
I usually take 2-3 pumps of this serum and apply it all across my face & neck by gently patting the skin, no rubbing at all. The packaging has a locking mechanism to prevent product spillage. So to get the product out of the bottle, you need to first move the slider toward your right side to unlock it. Then press down and take a few pumps, as per your requirement into your palm or fingers, and then apply the serum liberally over your skin.
How Does MAC Serum Hydratant Work – Performance Details:
MAC moisture infusion serum hydratant, when applied it instantly gets absorbed by the skin, leaving it hydrated, soft, and supple. I don’t have large-pore issues. But whenever I use this serum, my skin looks smooth, firm, and radiant. True to its name, it keeps the skin moisturized for a fair amount of time and acts as a wonderful primer as well.
I seldom use it as my regular serum as I already have other hydrating serums. Since this is pretty expensive, I only use it as my moisturizer-cum-primer when I am doing my make-up (especially in hot & humid months).
Honestly, I found it quite nourishing and efficient for my dehydrated, combination skin (which leans toward dry mostly) when I was in Hong Kong & India . Here, in London, unfortunately, I don’t find this serum to be that moisturizing (due to climate change, maybe)! But still, my skin likes this product!🙂
Besides, the oily skin beauties may find it greasy! During summers or in humid weather, if you use this serum-cum-primer along with a hydrating moisturizer, then it will definitely make your skin oily within 2 hours!
MAC prep plus prime serum is so hydrating that you can wear it alone as your moisturizer. Trust me, I prefer to use this hydrating primer as my moisturizer (no extra lotion/serum) in the summers because, during that season, I sweat a lot!
And during colder months or other times, I first moisturize my face with a nourishing cream followed by MAC moisture infusion serum hydratant (as a primer), foundation/BB cream, and I am good to go!
Make-up doesn’t look cakey and stays intact when I use MAC serum hydratant as a primer underneath the foundation. If you want that nice dewy finish to your skin post applying foundation, then use it as a primer. It totally depends on your skin type and concerns! This product is multi-tasking and flexible, so use it as per your choice 🙂.
WATCH THE REVIEW ON MY CHANNEL, HERE😍
Things I Like About MAC Prep + Prime Moisture infusion Serum Hydratant:
- Fast absorbing, two-in-one product
- Lightweight serum
- Does a great job as a hydrating make-up primer
- Great, spill-proof packaging
- Love its blurry effect on skin
- Makes skin look smooth, firm & glowing
- Keeps skin hydrated for a good period of time
- A little amount is required for each use
- Can be used as a moisturizer alone in summers (best idea for oily – combination skin)
- Ideal for all skin types, best suitable for dry/combination skin
Things I Don’t Like About MAC Prep + Prime Moisture Infusion Serum Hydratant:
- Pricey for the quantity it comes! It will definitely pinch your pocket if you use this serum daily
- Doesn’t contain clean skincare ingredients!
- The product says it’s for all skin types. But oily skin beauties may find it greasy, especially during the hot & humid season! Skip moisturizer if you are using this serum. This way, your face will also be shine-free, your makeup will last longer yet look non-cakey!
Is MAC Prep+prime Serum Hydratant Worth The Try?
Suffice to say, MAC Prep + Prime Moisture Infusion Serum Hydratant is a lovely lightweight serum that does a great job as a hydrating make-up primer as well! It nourishes, rejuvenates, and smoothes the skin so well that your dull skin will be in love with it! MAC moisture infusion serum hydratant is definitely the best serum cum primer for people with a combination to dry skin.
Just keep in mind,
- If after application, your skin feels too oily, then skip using an extra moisturizer with this product
I might not purchase this product again. Because there are similar serum-cum-primers available in the beauty market that are affordable and more effective! Plus, I like exploring new products! 😛😄
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY READING THESE POSTS ⬇️
- My latest shopping haul 2022 | Beauty, Lifestyle
- Why you should use sunscreen daily even when indoors
- Answers to annoying winter skin issues
- The ultimate guide on how to exfoliate your face
- NARS Audacious lipstick jane review and swatches
- How You Can Prevent Your Eyeliner From Smudging?
- Upgrade to GA-4 from Google Universal Analytics for Blogger & WordPress
- What are the negative effects of technology on our health?
- What are effective ways to develop a healthy new habit
- Top 3 Health Hacks For A Revitalised Life
- What is the relationship between body image and weight management
- What should you take to keep your gut healthy while traveling
- 7 Vegetables That Taste Bitter But Are Healthy
- 10 fun online games to play for free on Plays.org
- The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel Review
- Simple NEW replenishing rich moisturiser review
- Age-defying male skincare routine. Men skincare guide 2023
- The Body Shop® Edelweiss Cleansing Concentrate review
Have You Tried MAC Prep + Prime Moisture Infusion Serum Hydratant? Let Us Know About Your Experience With It In the Comment Section Below.
Hope you find this in-depth review helpful.Do not forget to share this post with your friends, because sharing is caring ❤️
Hey! Never Miss A Single Blog Post. How?
#Click the NON-AMP version located at the bottom of this site
# Scroll Down & Subscribe To Our NEWSLETTER!!